Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Empty Streets Can Only Mean One Thing

So tonight I got to see my awesome cousins Nick and Maurice, who happen to live in Denver. It was great to hang out with them again. I haven't seen them since my wedding in 2005.

We were trying to find out the final score of game 1. Nick made the observation that downtown was pretty vacant...which means the Sox won. Otherwise there would be tons of Rockies fans piling into the street.

They introduced me to this Discovery Channel show, "Everest," which is one of the most intense things I've seen. It follows a group of crazy people as they trek Mt. Everest...for no apparent reason. And they're losing fingers and toes and lives left and right. Very compelling, but by the end everybody seems totally depressed. Nobody's really happy that they reached the summit.

So...uh, why are they doing it again?

Digg this

2 comments:

  1. I remember them! Woah...scary thing is...they look exactly the same...and that was a loooooooooooong time ago. Good times back in the boro...much love to ya, Mike.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DO look the same. They kind of ARE the same. Isn't that comforting? Very sweet people. I had a great time seeing them.

    ReplyDelete