Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Predictions

The Oscars are my favorite awards ceremony. The Grammys have very little to do with actual art, and the Golden Globes are basically a popularity contest. So I get very excited when this time of year comes around.

Here are my predictions (for just the four major categories). Let's see how close I get.

Best Actor
Daniel Day Lewis - There Will Be Blood

Best Actress
Ellen Page - Juno

Best Director
The Coen Brothers - No Country for Old Men

Best Picture
No Country for Old Men

Of course, I would be pleasantly surprised if Juno just won everything. I can dream, can't I?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see the Oscars for a few days. I've Tivo'd them and I'll see them when I get home. Have fun all y'all at your various parties tonight!

Digg this

4 comments:

  1. Rooting for Juno right along side you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great concert last night, Mike!
    It was nice to hear some of the songs from your website live.

    I also liked how you interspersed stories in between your songs... broke it up nicely.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 out of 4... Not bad Mikey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! SOOOO close to greatness!

    ReplyDelete