Monday, September 8, 2008

Kosher Dumplings & Unkosher Music

I had a beautiful show at Genghis. Thanks to all the lovely folks that came out, listened, bought my new album and just generally reveled in the Jewish Chineseyness of Genghis Cohen.

Here's a pic I took from the stage during the show:

Shiny Happy People


(Pic courtesy of Robyn Horton)


With my supremely talented and supremely kind friends Andrea & Jan Stolpe.

Andrea and Jan went above and beyond the "friend call of duty," as Andrea hocked merchandise and collected cash for me, while Jan chauffeured my car around and roadied my gear offstage, so I could be free to talk to audience members afterwards. I'm grateful to have such awesome friends.

Digg this

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there Mike! BTW, I'm really enjoying the album..Some poignant as well as playful moments. Hope all continues to go well...

    The pics & videos of Noah are adorable too...just want to eat him up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the times I've been to Genghis, I've never seen it standing room only. Though I do see one spot open, which is where my ass should have been. I'm kickin' myself for not dragging myself out. Play in Burbank/Toluca Lake!! I actually know of a spot that would be cool for you to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Holly... that was my seat that was empty. I had just gone to the back of the room for a minute to see somebody when Mike took the picture. So all the seats were actually filled. But you could have squished in there somehow! And that's a great idea about playing in Burbank. (How about Leno at NBC!).

    ReplyDelete