Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two Down...

During the day, I've been working out in my office, and Nicole has been taking care of Noah. This involves lots of picking up and putting down our heavy little infant. Last Thursday, Nicole's back just gave out. She was in a lot of pain, and needed straight bedrest for several days.

So I took over all the shifts. Of course, around Monday my back was hurting a lot too. I haven't thrown out my back completely like my wife, but I'm pretty close. Now we're both tired, in pain, and stressed out.

Then our friend, Laura, volunteered to come over and help. She's an angel. We are very concerned for her back, but she's a Pilates instructor, so she's good at tightening her core.

Yesterday, she did laundry, dishes, bottle sterilization, and she helped us both do back-strengthening exercises. She even told us the complicated story of where hydrogenated oil comes from.

She knows everything, but in that good way. I'm not sure what we would have done without her.

Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment