Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Day Parade

If you had your TV on during your Christmas day festivities, you may have seen Miley and Billy Ray playing the Disney parade. If you squinted, you may have also seen us.

The day of the show, I woke up in Disney's Animal Kingdom hotel, which was...odd:



We took a shuttle from Animal Kingdom to the Magic Kingdom for the big show, where it was bonkers-hot outside. Frying. But the set was huge and impressive:


We soundchecked and rehearsed for a bit, while the thousands of fans were still barricaded behind ropes.



And I took a moment to grab a couple shots with my new friends:


I pretended not to notice these signs, sprinkled throughout the set:


After awhile, they let the fans pour in.

We played "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" with Miley:



In between songs, Jamie flirted with Stich (not sure if he/she/it flirted back) and I was entertained by Donald Duck:




Note how Kay's eye-rolling actually hurt Donald's feelings. Joy destroyer.

Then we played with Sir Billy Ray Cyrus (the out-of-syncness due to YouTube):



After that, I went back to the resort to watch the lonely animals pace.

Digg this

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Happy New Year! Thanks for the Disney blog... that looked like a blast! Liked the songs and it looked like the crowd did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!

    Billy Ray ROCKS!
    The Band's AWESOME!
    Your Blog is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy Ray Cyrus and Jaco Caraco jamming on guitars...pure heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say I've laughed myself to tears when I saw Stitch and Jamie playing guitar. That was classic. Oh man...

    ReplyDelete