Many thanks to my reader Shannon, who pointed out that our episode of Stripped (read my original post here) is now live at iheartmusic.com. The whole band got some serious camera time, and it's quite an enjoyable, intimate show. Check it out, yo.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Dear Rappers of the World,
Please, I beg of you, stop requesting that I "put my hands in the air like I just don't care." There are only 3 possible outcomes here:
- I will not put my hands in the air, because I just don't care
- I will not put my hands in the air, but feel guilty about it
- I will put my hands in the air, signifying that I most certainly do care, or else I wouldn't be following your instructions
So stop asking.
Monday, September 8, 2008
I had a beautiful show at Genghis. Thanks to all the lovely folks that came out, listened, bought my new album and just generally reveled in the Jewish Chineseyness of Genghis Cohen.
Here's a pic I took from the stage during the show:
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Do you want to:
-Hear great new music?
-Bask in the glow of Mike Schmid (and buy his new CD)?
-Have some critically acclaimed Chinese food?
-Sit in a pew for no apparent reason and pretend you're having mixed drinks in church?
Well, boy are you in luck! You can do all these things this Saturday night at Genghis Cohen!
Mike Schmid @ Genghis Cohen
Saturday, September 6 - 8:30pm
740 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Sometimes, you see a thing on a shelf. And that thing belongs on another shelf.
Also, toaster pastries are totally fun to play with in their shiny silver wrappers, so that's why the box was empty: they were scattered throughout the room.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
You will also see in this video, that he:
- Loves Regina Spektor (thanks Mom!)
- Doesn't love a water bottle in his pasta
- Can totally do that spoon thing himself (no help needed!)
Monday, September 1, 2008
Ah, the sweetie. I had an wonderful time getting to know Noah better. Early in the week, we went to a playground, and I learned that he:
- enjoys a good jog now and then
- can be hard to keep up with while enjoying said jog
- is quite adept at climbing stairs and turning wheels
- loves observing people (especially girls), and saying "hi" to them in the sweetest voice you'll ever hear
- enjoys loud rocket balloons
- is the most adorable thing ever created (oh wait, I already knew that one)
More video coming!